Once you’ve imported your purchase receipts you’ll need to record the payments made against them – the guidance below contains the required and optional fields and describes how they should be formatted. The receipts must currently already be in Tally.
The invoice payments import requires three critical fields:
- Receipt Number – this is the receipt number that the payment will be applied to – it must already exist in Tally– i.e. “222” will be applied to receipt KF222.
- Paid Date – this is the date that receipt was paid, it must be in DD/MM/YYYY format – i.e. “01/01/2012”.
- Paid Amount – this is the amount that was paid against the receipt, it must be a number to a maximum of two decimal places and not include the currency symbol– i.e. “10.99”.
The other optional fields you can have are listed below, along with a description, how it should be formatted and example text:
- Paid Account – this is the nominal code of the bank account that the payment was paid from, the nominal code is available in your Chart of Accounts – i.e. “1201”.
- Payment Note - this can be a note regarding the payment – i.e. “Payment was a day late”.
- Payment Method – this is the method that you paid the supplier – it must already be defined in your Payment Methods – i.e. “BACS”.
Uploading the template
To import, click Settings > Import Data > Import CSV Files > Enter in your Username & Password > Select CSV > Select Receipt Payments > Upload your file > Use the drop downs to map the file.